Design Technology Specialist
Design Technology Specialist
Shepley Bulfinch (www.shepleybulfinch.com) is a national architecture, planning, and design practice with studios in Boston, Phoenix, Houston, Durham and Hartford, and a passion for high-impact design. We bring our ambition, expertise, and passion for design partnership to each project, synthesizing our clients' vision into a plan of action and physical form to create spaces that inspire and transform. Shepley Bulfinch is consistently ranked in the top 100 design firms in the US by Architectural Record.
Put your enthusiasm for technology and design to work in joining our IT team! We are seeking a recent graduate or current student pursuing a career in architecture or interior design who is interested in understanding, assessing, testing and supporting software used to produce our projects. This role requires strong customer service and problem solving skills to address and solve helpdesk requests in a creative environment. Individuals who join the firm in this role must be interested in developing into architects or interior designers in the long term, they will be encouraged to transition to a project team after 1 or 2 years on the IT team.
- Provide outstanding customer service by addressing help desk requests in a timely and positive manner
- Communicate clearly, appropriately, accurately and effectively across all levels of staff
- Provide day-to-day hands-on support, instruction, and guidance on the use of design software including: Autodesk Revit, Dynamo, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Sketch-Up, Rhinoceros, Maxwell, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and other related tools & utilities
- Investigate new technologies including, digital fabrication, data visualization, energy modeling, virtual reality, process automation, etc.
- Assist and lead/coordinate appropriate in-office training sessions as needed
- Develop and maintain best practice strategies, standards, and documentation
- Facilitate technological collaboration between project teams, consultants, and clients
- Assist IT team in computer set up, troubleshooting and new hire orientation
- Provide occasional support to project teams with 3D models, 3D Printing, rendering, project documentation and graphic support
- Other tasks as needed and directed by CIO
- College degree in Architecture or Interior Design completed or in progress is required
- Proficiency and comfort with computers/technology
- Must be flexible with work schedule; may be requested to travel and work evenings or weekends on occasion
- Interest in advanced visualization techniques and knowledge of architectural rendering workflow is a plus
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to provide support proactively with positive attitude and patience
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team, holding self and others accountable
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in person or through other media
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
We offer competitive benefits and compensation, including health and dental insurance, a 401(k) and profit-sharing plan, and flexible work schedules, as well as a range of professional growth and development opportunities.
Shepley Bulfinch is an Equal Opportunity Employer.