Staff Accountant (Hybrid)
Come build something with Shepley Bulfinch as a Staff Accountant!
We are looking for a Staff Accountant who is curious about solving complex problems and looking to grow and learn from others that share the same values and beliefs to join our Boston Studio.
Who We Are:
Shepley Bulfinch is a national architecture and design firm with offices in Boston, Hartford, Houston, Phoenix and Durham. Founded in 1874, the firm has a notable legacy of challenging convention, pioneering visionary design ideas, and collaborating with clients who seek to drive measurable change.
How do you know if this role is right for you?
A successful candidate will excel in working independently and collaboratively with the accounting team, on various tasks to support the department. Understanding that urgency and accuracy are paramount to the success of the team and meeting deadlines, this attentiveness will be used in all tasks associated with payroll, accounts payable/receivable, billing and expense reimbursements.
- High School Diploma required. Associates Degree or Payroll/Accounting Professional certification preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of related work experience in payroll and accounting required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
- Proficient in a wide range of desktop software with emphasis on Word, Excel, Power Point. Experience with Deltek Vision a plus.
- Ability to work well within a team environment as well as independently
- Good problem-solving skills; able to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are desired
- Solid interpersonal skills
Shepley Bulfinch offers competitive benefits and compensation, including health and dental insurance, a 401(k) and profit-sharing plan, and flexible work schedules, as well as a range of professional growth and development opportunities.
Shepley Bulfinch is an Equal Opportunity Employer