Join the Shepley Bulfinch team as an Interior Designer!
We are seeking interior designers and interior architects across various experience levels to be integrated onto architecture and interior project teams. The Interior Designer successful in this role will thrive in a highly creative and collaborative open studio. You should have excellent design skills and thinking, and an interest in or experience with complicated program types and complex projects.
Responsibilities will include participation in all phases of projects including but not limited to conceptual and design development, documentation and coordination, and construction administration. Depending on experience, you will be managing or supporting programming and planning, interior design concepts, interior detailing, millwork, lighting coordination, finishes and furniture. Knowledge of lighting is a plus. Additional responsibilities will vary based on experience, however this role has potential to lead and mentor internal team members and interface with clients.
How do you know if this role is right for you?
- You have a highly structured and organized approach.
- Your experience includes collaborating with a team and/or interfacing with clients at a high level - experience working on higher education or healthcare project types is a plus.
- You are looking for a place to grow and take the next step in your career.
- You are looking to bridge the gap between evidence-based design research and interior design.
- You have a strong and diverse design portfolio would be interested in working on all phases of design.
- You enjoy working in a challenging, exciting environment, often balancing multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture, preferably from a CIDA accredited program - LEED accreditation and NCIDQ qualifications are a plus.
- Healthcare design experience preferred.
- Ability to coordinate related project drawings and documentation.
- Working knowledge of Revit, Sketchup Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office is desired.
- Excellent oral, written and graphical communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferred.
Shepley Bulfinch is a national architecture and design firm with offices in Boston, Hartford, Houston, Phoenix and Durham. Founded in 1874, the firm has a notable legacy of challenging convention, pioneering visionary design ideas, and collaborating with clients who seek to drive measurable change.
Shepley Bulfinch is an Equal Opportunity Employer.