Healthcare Planner Houston (Hybrid)
Come build something with Shepley Bulfinch as a Healthcare Planner!
We are seeking a healthcare planner to work directly with institutional healthcare clients and internal teams on projects of all scales.
Who We Are:
Shepley Bulfinch is a national architecture and design firm with offices in Boston, Hartford, Houston, Phoenix and Durham. Founded in 1874, the firm has a notable legacy of challenging convention, pioneering visionary design ideas, and collaborating with clients who seek to drive measurable change.
How do you know if this role is right for you?
Responsible for overseeing programming and space planning needs for a project. The Healthcare Planner would work directly with the client(s) and internal team(s) on projects of all scales. Primary responsibilities include developing a thorough understanding of the stakeholder’s vision, goals, operational and spatial needs and synthesizing these elements with design concepts. The project planner works with the project team to integrate equipment, regulatory requirements, engineering requirements, and interior design concepts into a cohesive building design. When the project scale requires it, the Project Planner would also be responsible for leading an internal planning team, monitoring scheduled tasks, and ensuring that the deadlines and key milestones are met within the scheduled framework of a project.
- Develop and share planning concepts through verbal, written and graphic communications, and architectural drawings with the client(s)
- Periodic travel to meet clients/users
- Work with Project Design Lead to ensure the required planning components work in conjunction with the design vision of the project
- Coordinate with consultants to establish strategies for accommodating their requirements
- Lead user group, stakeholder, and public meetings
- Lead development of space plans that address the project parameters, user requirements and objectives while achieving a cohesive design solution
- Establish and maintain program documents (spreadsheets, written reports, concept diagrams)
- Lead documentation required for regulatory approvals as required
- Keep abreast of planning trends; delivery systems (inc Lean); regulatory; codes; environmental requirements; evidence-based design principles; pedagogical, research, technological, cultural and demographic trends
- B.Arch., M.Arch. or equivalent degree
- minimum of 7 years of health care planning experience
- proficiency in Revit and Affinity Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are desired
- Solid interpersonal skills
Shepley Bulfinch offers competitive benefits and compensation, including health and dental insurance, a 401(k) and profit-sharing plan, and flexible work schedules, as well as a range of professional growth and development opportunities.