Come build something with Shepley Bulfinch as a Project Support Team Member!
As part of the Administrative Support team, the primary responsibilities of Project Support include partnering with project teams to understand project specific needs, as well as working with the Admin team to establish and implement operational standards across teams. Special emphasis is placed on the importance of relationship-building both internally and externally to efficiently coordinate and organize project information. Project Support will assist projects of various scales and complexities.
Who We Are:
Shepley Bulfinch is a national architecture and design firm with studios in Boston, Durham, Hartford, Houston, and Phoenix. Founded in 1874, the firm has a notable legacy of challenging convention, pioneering visionary design ideas, and collaborating with clients who seek to drive measurable change.
- Maintain project data in internal databases
- Establish and implement operational standards across teams
- Schedule Internal and external meetings
- Set up and maintain organizational tools to improve team communication
- Act as the point of contact and provide proactive support for team members
- Maintain project team calendars
- Champion, organize, and promote team social activities
- Coordinate, distribute, track, and finalize contracts
- Assist with formatting, proofreading, filing, and distributing project materials
- Use firms travel agency to help coordinate team travel
- Help PM develop and update project schedule and workplan
- Utilize Admin ticketing system to fulfill firm-wide needs as well as to support Admin team
- Understand and manage commitments across projects, prioritize workload, and communicate to teams
- Coordinate, track, and manage information during the Construction Administration phase
- Act as a liaison with external team members
- Coordinate printing, stamping, and mailing of materials – digital and/or hard copy
- Assemble presentation materials as needed
- Have broad knowledge of the tools and programs used by the teams to support and advise on best practices
- Maintain professional relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, etc.
- Perform market and client research as needed
- Enter client and consultant contacts into appropriate systems
- Work with team to train new hires and share knowledge to continuously improve the skillsets of the group
- None; however, may lead, train, or participate in work team assignments.
- Highly proficient in MS Office programs and Outlook
- Familiarity with Deltek, OpenAsset, Tonic, Construction Management systems, Affinity suite a plus
- Understanding of concepts, practices and procedures in the design profession are a plus
- Experience in AEC industry a plus
Skills and Attributes:
- Flexible, ability to take direction well and adapt to change.
- Respect for confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage priorities appropriately.
- Strong verbal and writing skills are required.
- Graphic sensibility and layout ability are a plus.
- Proactive work style.