Interior Designer (Hybrid)
We are seeking an interior designer to join our practice who thrives in a highly creative and collaborative environment. You should have excellent design skills and thinking, and an interest in or experience with complicated program types and complex projects.
Responsibilities will include participation in all phases of projects including but not limited to conceptual design and development, space planning, architectural interior detailing – including millwork and RCPs, development of finish and furniture concepts, and writing furniture specifications. Knowledge of lighting is a plus. This individual will have the opportunity to work on projects with a high level of design in collaboration with team members, mentor internal team members and meet with clients and consultants.
This position is ideal for you if:
- You have a highly structured and organized approach, with experience working on various project types.
- Your prior experience includes collaborating with a team and interfacing with clients at a high level.
- You are seeking an opportunity to be an integral part of the interiors team at an integrated design firm
- You have a strong and diverse design portfolio would be interested in working on all phases of design.
- You enjoy working in a challenging, exciting environment, often balancing multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, preferably from a CIDA accredited program - LEED accreditation and NCIDQ qualifications are a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Ability to work independently in Revit and Sketchup required
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
Shepley Bulfinch offers competitive benefits and compensation, including health and dental insurance, a 401(k) and profit-sharing plan, and flexible work schedules, as well as a range of professional growth and development opportunities.
Shepley Bulfinch is a national architecture and design firm with studios in Boston, Hartford, Houston, Phoenix, and Durham. Founded in 1874, the firm has a notable legacy of challenging convention, pioneering visionary design ideas, and collaborating with clients who seek to drive measurable change.
Shepley Bulfinch is an equal opportunity employer