Walking into Donor Network of Arizona’s (DNA) office today is a breath of fresh air. The light-filled office is colorful and lively, blending texture and form. The office is in constant motion and the mission is seamlessly expressed throughout the space. This new home represents a re-invention for DNA: a focus on wellness, inclusion, collaboration, and efficiency.
Today, Donor Network thrives in a headquarters rich with natural light and spirit. Their 2-story building is organized efficiently and based around a highly collaborative and heartfelt work force. Collaboration has become somewhat of a buzz word in design over the last several years, but to Donor Network, this word meant something different. We found during various engagement sessions and a Living Office workshop with Herman Miller (A global furniture and strategy company), that employees were simply restricted by their current environment. They were eager to better understand their colleagues’ roles and better support each other in various ways. Collaboration here meant knowledge, awareness, connection, and equity.
- Re-envisioned their organization layout and brought employees together on a common floor.
- Contested internal rules to ensure that clinical and workplace colleagues could connect in social zones.
- Asked questions and listened to create harmony between program zones and variations in privacy and technology.
- Created a home where the story of donation, community and love are ever present.
As you trek throughout DNA’s new office, you get a distinct sense of their values:
- Open plan neighborhoods with a variety of scaled group spaces reveal the delicate balance of collaborative working.
- Strategically placed and curated soft spaces offer needed hubs to create memories and tell stories, enriching the everyday experience.
- A beautiful mix of commissioned local artwork and indoor plants engage the senses, promoting both creativity and wellness.
DNA’s mission shines around every corner and it is ever apparent that this extraordinary, yet humble organization is poised to seize their next chapter.